Dignity in Dying is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Dignity in Dying may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/07/2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- bank account details for processing donations
- other relevant information
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- To provide you with information or content on our activities that you have elected to receive.
- To seek your views or feedback on the services that we provide.
- To notify you of any changes to the services that we provide.
- To send you other communications that may be of interest to you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We want to make the use of our website easy, useful and reliable. To do this we sometimes place small amounts of information on your device. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally but they do make your experience as a visitor better.
Our site automatically deploys the following cookies on visitors' computers on arrival at our website, provided cookies are not blocked by the visitors' browsers.
One of these cookies (PHPSESSID) allows us to maintain the user browsing experience and identify whether the user is logged into restricted areas. This is automatically deleted at the end of the browsing session.
In addition the site deploys a number of third party generated cookies because of the integration of various third party applications on the site.
The cookies of which we are aware include:
PREF, __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmv, __utmz, NID, docsperf, rememberme, __qca, HSID, APISID, SID
These cookies provide us with information about the numbers of visitors and how they reached us, they also recognise location when used with Google maps and allow the pages to be liked using Google+.
From Add This
loc, bt, dt, di, uid, uvc, psc, ssc, ssh, sshs, uit, __unam
To enable sharing of our content through other smaller social networking sites we utilise a service called AddThis Social Share from AddThis llc. These cookies are deployed by add this to enable the sharing of information through users social network accounts.
General Cookie Advice
You can restrict or block the cookies used by the website through your browser settings but this will impact your user experience. The Help function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org which provides directions on how to block cookies on all major browsers. This site also explains how you can delete cookies that have already been stored on your computer as well as general information about cookies.
You should be aware though that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the websites you visit.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Dignity in Dying, 181 Oxford Street, London, W1D 2JT.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The term 'Dignity in Dying' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 181 Oxford Street, London, W1D 2JT. Our company registration number is 4452809. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.