Marketing Communications Support Officer
Reports To: Director of Fundraising & Marketing
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week), Monday – Friday
Contract: Permanent (subject to 6 month probationary period)
Grade: Support Officer, Grade 1 £25,081
Direct Reports: None
Budget Responsibility: None
Main Place of Work: 181 Oxford Street (3rd Floor), London, W1D 2JT.
The building has a small lift which is only accessible from 1st floor landing.
To apply please send an up to date CV, a cover letter of no more than two sides of A4 outlining your suitability for the role, and our equal opportunities monitoring form to Frances McFadden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Midday Tuesday 8th May 2018
Interview date: Thursday 17th May 2018
Dignity in Dying and Compassion in Dying are looking to recruit someone who can write compelling marketing copy which will inform, inspire and motivate our supporters, members and the people who use our services. This is an exciting new role in the Fundraising and Marketing team. As such, there will be some opportunity for you to carve out your own role.
Writing skills, project management and an understanding of marketing for the third sector will all help you secure an interview for a role that will be pivotal in Dignity in Dying’s campaign to change the law on assisted dying and to Compassion in Dying’s work to raise public awareness of our existing rights to plan ahead for future care and treatment.
- Copywriting of supporter communications intended to mobilise them around the campaign, including the Campaign newsletter, fundraising appeals and weekly supporter emails
- Project management of marketing campaigns for both organisations
- Providing excellent customer services to our members and supporters, by letter, email and over the phone
- Manage relationships with external agencies such as print production suppliers and creative partners/agencies
- Support development and delivery of supporter journey plans and legacy marketing
- Contribute to the development of marketing plans and activity to support the growth of new membership, and to develop loyalty and retention strategies to retain the current supporter base
- Contribute to the development and delivery of Compassion in Dying’s marketing plans and activity, to support increasing numbers of people to benefit from our services and information