Become a board member
We are seeking three new Board members to join us in June 2018. To complement the existing skills and experience on the current Board, we are looking for people with the following:
- Experience of campaigning, particularly political influencing, in Scotland
- A palliative or end-of-life care clinician
- A background in accounting or financial management
In addition to relevant skills and experience, Board members will be Dignity in Dying members, share our goals and able to commit to support the staff of Dignity in Dying to achieve our objectives.
- Candidates must fulfil the requirements of the Person Specification, and shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview
- Demonstrate passion and commitment to Dignity in Dying, its mission, vision and values
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy, with the ability to listen and engage effectively
- Excellent communicator, negotiator and influencer
- Strong networking capabilities that can be utilised for the benefit of the organisation
- Cultural sensitivity, and practised at putting a commitment to equality and diversity into action
- Successful track record of achievement through a career and/or voluntary work.
- Previous experience as a non-Executive Director or Trustee
- Good understanding of governance issues and the ability to demonstrate understanding of the approach of a non-executive Board member
How to apply
The closing date for applications is 12th March 2018 and interviews will take place in April 2018. Successful candidates will stand for election by postal ballot and those elected announced at our AGM on the 5th July 2018.
If you have any questions please email Frances McFadden, Executive Assistant with any questions on firstname.lastname@example.org.